- Promote a responsible regulatory environment.
- Focus on issues and activities important to Members by providing scientific strength and a credible co-ordinated voice to Government, the Media and key Stakeholders.
- Create the most favourable economic and regulatory operating environment by advocating best practice and accountability.
- Align and optimise South Africa with global regulatory standards.
- Enhance the value of the association to Members by addressing their local/international needs in an efficient manner.
- Promote social responsibility through the activities of the Look Good Feel Better programme.
What We Do
Through effective industry and government consultation the CTFA can assist and advise by:-
- Bringing together cosmetic manufacturers, contract packers, importers, distributors, raw material suppliers, retailers and packaging companies in South Africa, in order to promote collaboration, common goals and understanding;
- Representing the industry in dealings with government and other authorities;
- Lobbying on regulations and standards to the benefit of the industry and the safety of consumers;
- Advocating international harmonisation and convergence;
Improving trading and manufacturing conditions for the industry, both locally and in the export market;
- Being a positive and proactive association that represents industry viewpoints and stimulates business development;
- Ensuring members are kept updated and well informed about technical matters and key issues;
- Providing a forum for members to network, collaborate and work together for the benefit of the industry, thereby building a secure, progressive and viable industry;
- Providing ongoing communication to members of the association regarding work that is relevant to their business and the South African cosmetic industry in general;
- Providing members with advice and assistance in various situations.